7 things you can learn about next door Chinese New Year 2018
Celebrating Chinese New Year is a great experience to do in London, because the Chinatown community is the biggest outside Asia and parades, fireworks, feasts and performances are really unmissable. So colorful, vibrant and interesting! Serious fun.
There is much more. Discover 7 things you can learn about the Chinese New Year 2018:
- It is literally next door: London’s Chinatown is located in the heart of Soho, at just walking distance from our Italian restaurant in Panton Street Piccadilly. This weekend the celebrations will also take place in Trafalgar Square and across the West End: Leicester Square, Charing Cross Road and Shaftesbury Avenue. You can have more info at the VisitLondon website (link). Why not popping in while enjoying traditional dragon and flying lion dances?
- “Prosperous pooches”: on Sat 17th Feb the nearby National Gallery organizes free events for families and you can learn more at this link.
- “Celebrating the Golden Era for UK-China relations” is the theme for 2018: the UK welcomes the oldest community of Chinese people in Europe (esteem of +500,000 according to data by FCO). The celebrations in London are organized by the London Chinatown Chinese Association LCCA (link).
- 2018 EU-China Tourism Year has opened officially last January in Venice, Italy. In Milan there is a Chamber of Commerce Italy-China to explore business opportunities: its website lives at this link.
- 2018 is the Year of the Dog according with the Chinese calendar based on lunar cycle: so our national pride, actress Sophia Loren who is born in 1934, falls in this category. The Year of the Dog will end next 4 February 2019.
- Food and drink exports of Italian products in China reached + 14,8% during 2017, according with data collected by Italian Istat (Italian National Institute for Statistics). It means there is a lot of interest on Italian products we all love as pasta and wine. Cheers!
- #ChineseNewYear, #YearOfTheDog, #YearOfTheDog2018 and #CNY are the official hashtag of the celebrations. Don’t miss them on social media!