Christmas 2017, what’s on in London nearby our restaurant
Feeling festive and ready to enjoy Christmas attractions in central London? There are so many things to do around our Italian restaurant Tasting Sicily Enzo’s Kitchen in Panton Street: we have picked up a couple of ideas in nearby Trafalgar Square, Leicester Square and Haymarket. Just pop-in for a food and drink experience you will love: for lunch, dinner, pre-theatre or for good Italian coffe with a slice of traditional Panettone! We have a super yummy Christmas menu by chef Enzo Oliveri.
While you are there, don’t miss to leave a review on our Time Out page!
- The 25-metre Norwegian tree is beautifully decorated with lights: all around it you will enjoy free carols from 4-8pm on weekdays, and from 2-6pm at weekends.
- The church Saint Martin in the Fields organizes free music events at lunchtime plus candlelit celebrations and religious services.
- The National Gallery offers free entrance as usual (and the exhibition about Italian painter Caravaggio is up until the 15th Jan!) plus free events for Christmas dedicated to the “Gold” concept: you can find all of them it at this link.
How do artists convey stories of gold? From the Christmas gifts of the Three Kings, to Venus’s golden apple, learn more about spectacular paintings by Rubens, Macchietti, Foppa and Bruegel where golden objects appear. Watch the full episode on our YouTube channel by searching nationalgalleryuk. #ArtGold #nationalgallery #artist #painting #art #arthistory #artgallery #artmuseum #gallery #museum #fineart #fatherchristmas #christmas #storiesofgold #gold #theadorationofthekings #thethreekings #christ #pieterbruegel #rubens #macchietti #foppa
- The National Portrait Gallery has also free entrance plus “the art exhibition of the year” dedicated to Cezanne: you can learn more here.
- Opened 12pm – 10pm Mon – Fri, 10am – 10pm Sat-Sun, “Christmas in Leicester Square” provides fun for the all family. The Christmas Market is free with plenty of gift stalls! You can also meet Santa at his Grotto (tickets in advance).
- Love films? Enjoy the latest blockbusters (at the Odeon, at the Cineworld and at Vue West End cinemas) including “Star Wars: The Last Jedi”, “Murder On The Orient Express”, “Paddington 2”, “A Bad Moms Christmas” and “Battle of the Sexes”.
- Our friends at “Theatre Royal Haymarket” have an incredible show during this festive season: “Christmas with The Rat Pack“: you’ll listen to The Lady is a Tramp, Mr Bojangles, That’s Amore, I’ve Got You Under My Skin, What Kind of fool Am I, Volare and seasonal classics including Baby it’s Cold Outside, Let it Snow, White Christmas, Winter Wonderland & Auld Lang Syne. Not to be missed!